10 Songs to Help you get creative
Music is a wonderful and amazing thing. And when you get stuck in a creative rut it can help you get those creative juices flowing. Here is some information about how Music can make us feel uplifted, contented and can improve our health by Martha Roberts on Psychologies.co.uk
I love listening to music, whether I'm driving, working, sleeping, writing or just bored. I like music with strong, fast paced beats that gets my blood rushing and my body moving. I also like electronic music.
And sometimes I will listen to classical or jazz. It all depends on how I am feeling or what I am working on.
Remember, music can influence your mood and emotions so it call help make those feelings stronger so you can put them into your art work.
No matter your music preferences I would highly suggesting trying to listen to music while you work. It may not work for you, it may be too distracting or you prefer absolute silence. If that is the case then you now know it is not for you, but maybe you can find something else that does.
And so, if you are not sure where to start, here are 10 song suggestions to get you started. Try them out so you can find the genre and pace that works best for you.
1. "Awake" by Tycho is a laid back song with ambient tunes.
2. Or you might prefer something a bit more upbeat and with more lyrics. In that case try Mark Ronson - "Uptown Funk" ft. Bruno Mars
3. Maybe you prefer classical music, soothing more instrumental and soothing. Vitamin String Quartet's "Mad World" is a great choice for that.
4. You can't go wrong with "Your Hand In Mine" by Explosions In The Sky. You can listen to their whole album while working with the beautiful instrumentals and drum beats that wake up your brain.
5. Placebo is an alternative rock band that I love. Their music has a interesting take to it and their lyrics are all amazing. One of my favorite songs by them is "Running up that hill" But I would suggest any of their songs.
6. If you watched Dream Works Trolls the you must remember the song that was so energetic that you couldn't help moving along to it, even if you were in a crowded theater. Justin Timberlakes "Can't Stop the Feeling" is the perfect song to get your blood pumping and you mind moving. I always get excited while listening to it which can improve my creativity.
7. If you like songs like "Cant stop the feeling" then you are sure to love Pharelle Williams "Happy." I mean, how can you not remember when it came out in 2013 and was suddenly everywhere! My high school did a video with everyone dancing to it.
8. Another get moving song, but with a different vibe than those listed above is "Roundtable Rival" by Lindsey Stirling. This amazing woman makes the most amazing music using a violin and you can't go wrong with any of her songs, whether you like high energy ones like round table rival,
or more calm ones like "Hallelujah".
9. If you are a fan of A cappella then head over to Peter Hollens Youtube Channel for a mix of the most beautiful songs. He sings a lot of songs from popular movies like The Hobbit and The Greatest Showman (see "This is me" below) and everyone is amazing. Loch Lomond is a beautiful folk song that I absolutely adore, that he sings with David Archuleta.
10. And of course, since this list is coming out in December of 2018 I have to list Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande
These are of course just my personal opinions and choices. You pick what works for you.
Let me know in the comments what you listen to! I am always looking for new music suggestions so be sure to share!
The Adventuring Artist
Don't forget to subscribe
**Please not that i am not affiliated with any brands, companies or links listed in this post***